The L-1 Visa For Employees Being Transferred to the United States

The L-1 visa is a kind of United States work visa for the expansion of business to the United States. This type of visa is best suited for owners and employees of existing businesses in foreign countries (like Canada) who are either expanding their business to the United States or are being transferred to a United States branch or affiliate. L-1 Visa for the United States

All kinds of businesses and employees apply for L-1 visas, including small and large businesses.

Requirements for the L-1 Work Visa for the United States

For someone to qualify for the L-1 visa to work in the United States, they must first meet several requirements. These requirements include:

Requirement 1: L-1 visa applicants must have worked outside of the United States for at least one year during the last three years on a full-time basis.

Requirement 2: L-1 visa applicants must have worked for a specific type of qualifying organization in a certain type of high-level position, such as in an executive or managerial position.

Requirement 3: The L-1 visa applicants must be being transferred to a business that is a subsidiary, affiliate or branch of their foreign company.

Because of the specific requirements for the L-1 visa, it is important that you ensure you can meet all of them before you apply. Otherwise, you can risk having your United States work visa application denied.

Our immigration law firm has helped many employees and owners of businesses small, medium and large expand into the United States. Please contact us using the phone number above or by using the form to the right for assistance, we can help you.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.

Jason Mayerin the last week

The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.

Brad Davies2 weeks ago

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walker3 weeks ago