United States Government To Accept H1B Work Via Applications for 2014

The United States government has announced that it will begin accepting 2014 H1B work visa applications beginning on April 1st, 2013. Types of United States Work Visas

The H1B work visa is a specialty occupation for working in the United States. Applicants typically need a very high level of skill and education to qualify for this visa. There are only 65,000 petitions for this visa accepted for the fiscal year of 2014, but the first 20,000 petitions filed for individuals who have master’s degrees or higher are exempt from this cap.

H1B work visa petitions for 2014 expected to be extremely competitive

The United States government has said that it expects to be flooded with applications, well surpassing the allowed 65,000 just between April 1st and April 5th, 2013. The date upon which the last applications are received will be made known, and the government will announce when the cap has been reached.

Applications must be properly completed, properly filed and the correct fee for the application processing must be included with these petitions.

It is absolutely imperative if you are applying for an H1B work visa for the United States for 2014 that you apply in the proper manner, that your petition is completed properly, and that you file your application at the right time and place.

Speak with a licensed immigration lawyer to ensure that you are eligible for the H1B work visa. We have helped many people obtain work visas for the United States, including the highly sought-after H1B work visa. If you want to apply for this visa, please contact us right away.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more


    Do I qualify for the H1B Work Visa into America? I hold a four year 1st Degree in Materials Engineering from Ghana.

    • Hello

      You may qualify for an H-1B Visa but you would first need a job offer. You would have to get an employer from the US to Petition for you in order to qualify to come to the US.

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.