Apply for an H1B Work Visa for the United States

A foreign national who works in an occupation that requires a high level of skill could be eligible to work in the United States on an H1B visa. To do this, you will have to have a specific kind of job offer from a United States employer already. If this sounds like it may be an option for you, read on:

What is a “Specialty Occupation” for an H1B Work Visa?

The H1B work visa is a specialty occupation work visa, which means that the occupation needs to be one that requires a high level of skill and usually a university degree – “specialty” means that notH1B-work-visa-for-the-united-states just anyone can do this particular type of job. It must be considered complex and specialized. It also must be apparent that it is not only your potential United States employer that requires you have a university degree or exceptional skills for their job opening, but that anywhere a similar job is available a university degree and high level of skill is required.

Required Prevailing Wage and Work Load for an H1B Work Visa

You must also demonstrate that your potential employer will pay you the prevailing wage, meaning the same wage that is paid to anyone else in that type of job in the specific geographic region you will be working in. The H1B work visa for the United States also has a quota, meaning that only a certain amount of them are given out each year. For more information on when and where to apply for an H1B work visa, speak with a licensed immigration lawyer.

H1B Work Visas for the United States

We are licensed immigration lawyers that have helped many foreign nationals apply for work permits in the United States successfully. An H1B work visa application is not an easy United States work visa application, as the requirements are strict like they are for any United States work visa. However, don’t let this stop you. We can help you determine your eligibility for an H1B work visa and help you ensure that your application is solid. If you are not qualified for an H1B visa, we can help you explore your options for working in the United States. Contact us using the telephone number at the top of this page or e-mail us with the form to the right to speak with a licensed immigration lawyer.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.