E2 Visa Applications for Canadians

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hi. My name is Michael Niren, I’m an immigration lawyer and founder of visaplace.com. This video is about E-2 visas for Canadians. A lot of
Canadian citizens are moving to the U.S. to start businesses or establish a business there, and one of the main visas that is available for them is called an E-2 visa. We have a U.S. visa team that handles all types of U.S.
visas, including E2 visas.

Requirements for E2 Visa Applications for Canadians

Now, E-2 visas require a lot of paperwork. Essentially, applicants who apply for an E-2 have to make a substantial investment in the U.S. in a business and have to show the U.S. Consulate, the visa officers there, that they have a viable business plan, a reason for going to the U.S., and that this business will be growing. There’s a lot of paperwork, as I said. There are supporting documents you have to show. You should be convincing an immigration officer that you have the skills and background that’s going to make your business successful in the U.S.

Are You Interested in Applying For the E2 Visa?

E2 visas generally are valid for five years, and they can be extended. In some cases, applicants apply for a green card, not directly from an E2 visa, but on the basis of their E2 visa. It’s complicated, but we’ve processed cases like that. So if you are interested in moving to the United States as a businessperson, give us a call or go to our website at www.visaplace.com, and we can discuss your plans for getting an E2 visa. Thank you, and have a great day.

Contact our experienced team today, and let us help you apply for your E2 visa.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Completely smooth process. Rania did a great job in my Canada work permit. The team is absolutely competent and knowledgeable. Alicea was so amazing and was able to answer any of my questions immediately. I had peace of mind throughout the application. I would recommend them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications.

Theressa Jaranillain the last week

I highly recommend VisaPlace to anyone seeking help with navigating the legal minefield that is Permanent Residency. As someone who is very easily stressed, Lauren & Mariana have saved me a lot of sleepless nights. They are fast, efficient, reliable and honest and I will be telling any of my friends to use them for immigration. Thanks to them, my future with my husband in Canada is bright

Hannah James2 weeks ago

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugha month ago