Waivers when denied entry to the US

People who are denied entry to the United States or who are worried that they will be denied entry to the United States often feel hopeless as to their situation. It can also come as an unexpected surprise that you are unable to go to the United States, even if you have made plans or have an emergency you have to get to. Denied Entry to the United States 7

But is there something you can do if you have been denied entry to the United States that will allow you to overcome this inadmissibility? Yes!

Applying for a United States waiver of inadmissibility

If you are found to be inadmissible to the United States, you have the option of applying for a United States waiver of inadmissibility. This waiver will allow you to enter into the United States even if you are otherwise inadmissible.

Unfortunately, United States waivers of inadmissibility take a very long time to be processed. This means that you will need to apply months before you intend to travel to the United States, so it’s important that you act quickly.

Once approved, the waiver will have to be displayed every time you enter the United States and you will have to display the waiver. The waiver can be good for as long as five years, but sometimes it is issued for less – it depends.

While there are many different reasons one can be inadmissible to the United States, there are only waivers for certain things, although in most situations you can obtain a waiver of inadmissibility to the United States. In order to make sure that you are eligible, speak with a licensed immigration lawyer with experience in US waivers as soon as possible.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.