What can I do if I have been denied entry to the United States?

Have you been denied entry to the United States? Many people don’t realize that you can actually be denied entry to the United States for a variety of different reasons, including having a criminal record. Some of the reasons you can be denied entry to the United States include having a communicable disease, having ties to organized crime or terrorist groups, having previously been removed from the United States, having previously been found in violation of immigration law or not being able to demonstrate that you have enough money for your stay, prompting the worry you may look for work without a permit. Denied Entry to the US

However, the most common reason to be refused entry to the United States is that you have a criminal record, no matter how long ago the criminal record is from or how minor of an offense it was.

There are United States waivers for many of these reasons of inadmissibility, including being criminally inadmissible.

Obtaining a waiver for admission to the United States

Overcoming criminal inadmissibility is not an easy task. You will have to work hard to obtain all of the supporting documentation necessary for this type of application. For starters, you should speak with a licensed immigration lawyer to determine what course of action is best for you before you attempt to travel to the United States or apply for a United States waiver.

Applications of this nature take a long time to process. The United States waiver of inadmissibility, for example, takes between six and nine months to process, after which you will obtain information on whether you were approved or denied in the mail.

If you are denied for a waiver, you can appeal but you must do so quickly. We have helped many people with their United States waiver applications and in dealing with their inadmissibility issues. Give us a call!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.