Obtaining a TRP When Denied Entry to Canada

It can be very stressful and disrupting to be denied entry to Canada if you try and enter the country but are refused. This happens to many people for a number of different reasons, including having a criminal record or having a medical problem.  Temporary Resident Permit To Enter Canada

But did you know that the right paperwork can help get you into Canada even if you would ordinarily be denied entry?

You could apply for a Temporary Resident Permit, or a TRP to overcome your criminal inadmissibility to Canada.

Applying for a Temporary Resident Permit for Canada

Canadian immigration regulations are strict, and anyone who has a criminal record, medical problem or other issue can be denied entry for security reasons. However, one way to overcome this inadmissibility is to apply for a Temporary Resident Permit, or a TRP.

A Temporary Resident Permit can allow you to enter Canada even if you were inadmissible previously. They can be obtained quickly if you are a United States citizen as you can apply at the border, but this does not mean they are easy to obtain – you could still be denied one and turned away, or you could even be detained. You could also apply at the Canadian consulate or embassy, but this can take longer.

Applying for a Temporary Resident Permit is not an easy process, as the criteria for being denied entry to Canada is quite serious, and to overcome it you will need good reason. In many cases you will have to demonstrate that you need to go to Canada urgently, while also providing a significant amount of information for the Canadian authorities.

We have helped many people enter Canada who were otherwise inadmissible, and we can help you, too. Don’t wait until the last minute to see if you are inadmissible to the United States or not – determine if you need help getting into Canada in advance.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugh3 weeks ago

Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!

P Eyre3 weeks ago

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheonga month ago