Denied entry to Canada for a DUI

Being denied entry to Canada happens to people every day. It can be very unexpected, especially if you are unaware that a criminal record for something such as a DUI can cause you to be denied entry. Still, it happens. But it can be highly distressing if you have an emergency in Canada that you need to get to, or if you have made plans for your travel to Canada and they have to be cancelled. Denied entry to Canada

A DUI, a misdemeanor crime or a crime that occurred many years ago are all things that can have a negative effect on your ability to enter Canada. But what can you do?

What to do if you are inadmissible to Canada

If you are inadmissible to Canada for a criminal record, you can apply for criminal rehabilitation or a temporary resident permit. However, not everyone is eligible for these options. Criminal rehabilitation is for people whose criminal record is from a long time ago, and this is a lengthy process that can take several months. However, this is a permanent way of removing your criminal inadmissibility.

A temporary resident permit is for people with certain criminal records, and this is a relatively quick process. Still, that does not mean it is an easy process and you will only be allowed into Canada temporarily if you are approved.

How to get help if Denied Entry to Canada?

We have helped many people who were inadmissible to the United States and Canada, and we can help you, too. If you are unsure of whether or not you are inadmissible, or you want to explore your options for overcoming your inadmissibility or removing your inadmissibility, contact us at the number above for assistance. We are here to help!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musa2 months ago

Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.

Daxesh Patel2 months ago

I am grateful for the legal services that I got from Sanaa and Alicea of Visa Place. I was impressed by their client centered approach. Their professionalism involved their hearts and heads to work on my case. I cannot compare the time they spent on it with the money I paid. All they wanted was a fine final document. I also liked their prompt communication. They are really passionate about what they do.

Theresie Nuwimanaa month ago