Have you been denied entry to Canada?

Have you been denied entry to Canada? That may have been an extremely distressing and upsetting situation – it may have even been a huge surprise, and it might have ruined your travel plans if you had planned a vacation or a visit with family in Canada. Denied Entry to Canada

Canada has an obligation to ensure that it only lets people into the country who do not pose a threat to Canada or Canadians, but sometimes people who pose no risk are caught up in the tightened security practices. Most often, a criminal record – no matter how old or minor – can result in a denial of entry to Canada.

Being denied entry to Canada – what are my options?

Someone who is denied entry to Canada can actually overcome this inadmissibility, depending on their situation. The best first step you can take is speaking with a licensed immigration lawyer who is experienced in denial of entry cases and who can assess your case while helping you explore your options.

Your options include applying for criminal rehabilitation or applying for a temporary resident permit.

Criminal rehabilitation is the more lengthy application process, but it can be very worthwhile because it is a permanent solution to your criminal inadmissibility – in other words, it removes it. This option is suitable for applicants whose criminal record is more than five years old.

A temporary resident permit is a much shorter and quicker application, although that doesn’t necessarily mean it is an easy one. In addition, this will only temporarily remove your inadmissibility, but it could be a great option for you if you just have to enter Canada for a short period of time.

We are an award-winning immigration law firm that has been helping people who have been denied entry to Canada for over 15 years! Give us a call for an assessment of your case.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • Tanya

    I have a similar case here in QC as Mrs. S Please contact me at the above email so that I can completely explain the situation. Thank you

    • Hello Tanya

      I am not sure what your situation is. If you can tell us I will contact you.

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugh2 weeks ago

Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!

P Eyre2 weeks ago

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheong4 weeks ago