Buddy “the Cake Boss” Could Be Denied Entry to Canada due to DUI

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hi, this is Michael Niren, immigration lawyer and founder of VisaPlace.com. The Cake Boss, Buddy Valastro, has allegedly been charged with a DUI. Now why this is interesting from an immigration perspective, is that if he’s in fact convicted, he may be prevented from entering Canada. Not to say that he wants to come to Canada, but if he ever does, he would have a criminal record, and the Canadian authorities, the border authorities, the CBSA they’re called, Canadian Border Service Agency, officers could potentially deny him from entering Canada, and he may have to apply for a special permit called the temporary resident permit, or TRP, to be admitted.

Denied Entry to Canada Due to a Criminal Record 

So the consequences of being convicted of an offense are not just that you would have a criminal record in your own country, but if you want to cross borders and come to Canada, you may be prevented from doing so.

Even Celebrities can be Denied Entry to Canada

And even if you’re the Cake Boss and a famous person, you still would potentially be subject to a bar from entry, and individuals like Mike Tyson, even Martha Stewart, have had some legal issues in terms of being admitted to Canada, so just because you’re a celebrity, doesn’t mean you’re exempt from the law. So, Buddy, the Cake Boss, had to worry about not just his conviction but potentially having him be prevented from entering Canada. If you like this video, click Like, and don’t forget to visit us at www.VisaPlace.com.

Have you Been Denied Entry to Canada due to DUI?

Have been denied entry to Canada due to DUI? Or do you think you may be refused if you try to enter Canada?  We know that it is a very stressful and disrupting experience. Whether you have a criminal record like a DUI or something even more serious, you may still be admitted into Canada as long as you have the ‘right’ paperwork in order. That is where we at Visaplace can help you. We work with qualified immigration lawyers who can help you. Contact us to book a consultation.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.