Your Immigration Law firm is in Toronto. But I am located in the USA. Can you still Represent me?

I am based in Chicago and require the assistance of a Toronto immigration law firm for Canadian work permit applications. My company has contracts with a Canadian company in Toronto for software installation. I need my workers to enter Canada within a month for a 6 month period. Can your law firm in Toronto assist us?



Our immigration law firm while based in Toronto, (and Hamilton), represents clients and companies world-wide. As immigration lawyers, we are very experienced in dealing with people from the USA, and other parts of the world including India, China, Europe, South Asia, Africa etc.  We can correspond with you by email, phone, fax, and even video conference.

Regarding your specific issue, assuming your workers are US citizens, they may be able to come to Canada as business visitors under the NAFTA After Sales Service provisions and therefore do not require Canadian work permits. However, if this is not the case, then  they may have to apply for them.  I would need more information about your situation to make such a determination including the details of the contract you signed with the Canadian company and the qualifications of the workers.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.