Do I need a visitor visa to enter Canada?

Did you know that hundreds of thousands of people come to visit Canada every single year? Not all of these people are able to just travel to Canada without a visa, however. Many of these visitors require a temporary visa in order to visit Canada for a temporary period of time. Canadian Visitor Visa Applications

There are different types of visitor visas. For example, there are single-entry visitor visas that allow you into Canada for one entry, and if you leave Canada you will need to obtain another visitor visa in order to come back. There are also multiple-entry visas that allow you to enter several times during the validity of your visa. In some cases, you can apply for an extension of your visitor visa but you must do this before the visa expires.

Obtaining a visitor visa to Canada

Whether or not you need a visitor visa to come to Canada depends on your country of citizenship. A list of countries whose citizens require a visitor visa to enter Canada can be found here. Please note that the list of countries that require a visitor visa to enter Canada changes sometimes.

If you do require a visitor visa to enter Canada, you must be able to provide information to the Canadian government that demonstrates information about your visit. This can include information about your ties to your home country including family, employment and assets to prove that you don’t intend to overstay. This also includes information about your finances to demonstrate that you can support yourself during your trip. You may also need to provide additional information on what you intend to do in Canada and where you are staying.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.

Jason Mayerin the last week

The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.

Brad Davies2 weeks ago

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walker3 weeks ago