Five ways to become a permanent resident of Canada
Permanent residence is a highly sought-after immigration status in Canada, very much similar to the United States greencard. This status allows you to work and live wherever in Canada, while also being able to leave and return to Canada easily. A Canadian permanent resident is someone who has immigrated to Canada, but who is not a Canadian citizen.
But becoming a permanent resident is not an easy process. Applicants need to ensure that they go about it properly and legally, and obtaining permanent resident status in Canada can take many months or years.
Five different immigration categories that lead to permanent resident status
1. Skilled Worker Category. The Skilled Worker Program allows people to immigrate to Canada based on certain credentials such as their adaptability to the Canadian labour market, their language proficiency, their age and their education.
2. Business Immigration. Investors who wish to invest in Canada or self-employed persons who can start their own business in Canada can obtain permanent residency.
3. Family Class Immigration. Individuals who have family members or close relatives who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents can be eligible to immigrate to Canada through family sponsorship or spousal sponsorship.
4. Canadian Experience Class. Students and workers who are in Canada on temporary visas can make the transition to permanent residence based on their work experience.
5. Provincial Nominee Programs. Provincial Nominee Programs are offered by various provinces and territories. Based on your credentials, a province or territory can nominate you for permanent residence in Canada.
Do you want to learn more about the different ways that you can immigrate to Canada? Immigration is not easy, but we are a licensed immigration law firm that can help you explore all of your options for immigrating to Canada. Give us a call at the phone number above for assistance!
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.
Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.