Five ways to move to Canada

Do you want to move to Canada? So do many other people! Canada admits approximately 250,000 new permanent residents every year, and you could be one of them! First, you need to figure out which of the several different ways to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident is right for you. Become a Permanent Resident of Canada 4

You may also want to seek the advice of a licensed immigration lawyer, who can help you not only explore your options, but help you apply and ensure that your application is top-notch, as well as ensure that you are eligible for what you’ve applied for.

Permanent residence immigration streams in Canada

1. Provincial Nominee Programs. The Provincial Nominee Programs are offered throughout Canada and provide applicants with many different ways to become permanent residents. Every program is different, with different requirements.

2. Family Class Immigration. If someone in your family or your spouse is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, they can apply to sponsor you. They will have to meet certain financial requirements to do so.

3. Skilled Worker Category. The Federal Skilled Worker Program has just re-opened to workers in certain occupations. If you work in one of these occupations and you meet other requirements relating to work experience, education and language proficiency, you could be eligible to immigrate under this program.

4. Business Immigration. The new Start-up visa for entrepreneurs offers a pathway to permanent residency in Canada, as do various investor and business visas.

5. Canadian Experience Class. The Canadian Experience Class program is for temporary residents (students and workers) who can use their language proficiency and work experience to become permanent residents.

If you think you qualify for any one of these Canadian immigration programs, please contact our immigration law firm! We are here to help you, and can assist you with your application.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.

Charity Musaa month ago

Great firm on top of their game. Worked with us til the end to ensure my parents visa was approved and guided us along the way in a professional manor. Natalie is awesome. Majority of our communications were via email, but the responses were immediate. I would greatly recommend this firm. Thank you for all your hard work and help. My family and I do really appreciate it.

Daxesh Patel2 months ago

I am grateful for the legal services that I got from Sanaa and Alicea of Visa Place. I was impressed by their client centered approach. Their professionalism involved their hearts and heads to work on my case. I cannot compare the time they spent on it with the money I paid. All they wanted was a fine final document. I also liked their prompt communication. They are really passionate about what they do.

Theresie Nuwimanaa month ago