First Stop for Permanent Residence Applications: The Central Intake Office (CIO) in Nova Scotia, Canada.
How a Permanent Residence Application works
- Applications for Permanent Residence are submitted to the CIO for a first assessment and positive assessments are communicated by email. It is therefore very important to provide correct email addresses! For our clients cases, we provide both email addresses of our clients AND our law firm.
- The CIO will not verify whether you identified correct visa office, ensure that you are marking the correct visa post who will process the application.
- Note that the CIO only determines eligibility for the application but does not make final decisions.
- At the CIO stage it is essential that the NOC Codes for your occupation be correctly identified and marked otherwise you risk having your application returned costing months of delay.
- For the CIO to take your case, applicants must be living (working or studying) in Canada for 1 year as well as demonstrate a continuity of attachment to the labour market. Temporary foreign workers or international students must be residing legally in Canada for at least 12 months immediately before submitting the application.
- The Language test (IELTS) do not need to be submitted at the CIO stage. IELTS are submitted to the visa office when eligibility is met.
- If the job duties are not similar to the NOC job duties, the application will be refused.
Have a question about Permanent Residence Applications? Contact Niren and Associates immigration law firm today.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.
Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.