Thousands of international business entrepreneurs come to Canada every year to do business with Canadian citizens and businesses. To do this, the business visitor must obtain a Business Visitor Visa. This visa allows eligible applicants to explore dynamic business opportunities throughout Canada as well as experience the Canadian culture.
Who Needs a Canada Business Visitor Visa?
A Canadian business visitor is considered a foreign national who travels to Canada to undertake activities relating to international trade.
Canadian business visitor visas are usually needed for activities like:
Attending a business meeting or conference or conducting site visits
Participating in a product and sales training meeting
Dealing with an after sales agreement
Buying goods in Canada for a foreign company
- Other general business visit activities
Requirement to Enter Canada Using a Business Visa
Immigration officers will require the three items below before you will be allowed to enter Canada on a business visitor visa.
- Show that your main source of income and your businesses are outside of Canada.
- Have no criminal records or health-based inadmissibility
- Show that the purpose of your visit is temporary
Side Note: If you have a criminal record or health-based inadmissibility situation and you are denied, you can use the ‘Temporary Resident Permit’ (TRP) to enter Canada.
Be Prepared: Business Visa Documentations
Below is a list of some suggested documents needed to obtain a visa while conducting business within Canada.
Canadian organization’s invitation to the foreign applicant
Letter from a foreign company attesting that the applicant is employed by them on a full-time basis
Verification that the applicants will not come to Canada for employment purposes
Include a copy of the After-Sales Agreement if any
A copy of Passport data page
For a training visit, a resume showing that the applicants have sufficient experience to conduct training and they are properly employed by a foreign company and are only entering Canada for purposes of conducting training for a particular product
An itinerary showing activities from entry to exit from Canada
Proof to establish sufficient ties to the applicants’ home country
Note: (Documents you prepare for your business visitor application will always depend on your particular case.)
When You May NOT Need a Canadian Business Visitor Visa
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has outlined the visitor visa exempt countries as follows:
- Citizens of Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belgium, Botswana, Brunei, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel (National Passport holders only), Italy, Japan, Korea (Republic of), Latvia (Republic of), Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Poland, Portugal, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Solomon Islands, Spain, Swaziland, Sweden, Slovenia, Switzerland, United States, and Western Samoa;
- Lawful US permanent residents who are in possession of their alien registration card (Green Card) or can provide other evidence of permanent residence;
- British Citizens and British Citizens overseas who are re-admissible to the United Kingdom;
- Citizens of British dependent territories who derive their citizenship by birth, descent, registration or naturalization in one of the British dependent territories of Anguilla, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Falkland Islands, Gibraltar, Montserrat, Pitcairn, St. Helena or the Turks and Caicos Islands;
- Holders of British National (Overseas) Passport issued by the United Kingdom Government to persons who were born, naturalized, or registered in Hong Kong;
- British subjects who hold a passport issued by the United Kingdom and who have the “right of abode” there
- Persons holding a valid and subsisting Special Administrative Region passport issued by the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China;
- Holders of passports or travel documents issued by the Holy See;
- Persons possessing an ordinary passport issued by Taiwan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs that includes their personal identification number.
Benefits of a Canadian Business Visitor Visa
All Canadian Business Visitor Visa holders are free to travel throughout Canada during the duration of their visa. They can visit family, friends, sightsee, and explore Canada’s many attractions. During their stay under the Canadian Business Visitor Visa, the visitor can take part in business meetings, trade shows, meeting with prospective clients, seek out lucrative business opportunities and explore options for extending their stay in Canada. For the full duration of the visa, the visitor is free to explore Canada without the need of an immigration visa such as a Canadian travel visa or Canadian work permit.
Why Seeking Professional Immigration Help is Important
While the procedures for applying for a Canadian business visitor visa may seem uncomplicated, some applicants apply without seeking any help from a Canadian immigration lawyer, thinking that they can ‘do it themselves.’
For Canadian business visa applications, there is a higher risk of refusal in cases where the application is not properly prepared. The Canadian immigration standards are very high. We find this is the number one reason why people are denied entry to Canada is due to not enough knowledge of the ‘ins’ and ‘outs’ of immigration applications.
The documentation and processes involved in successfully obtaining a business visitor visa can be complex and usually require legal expertise. The last thing you want to have happened on a crucial business meeting is to not be able to attend due to faulty paperwork.
Do You Need an Immigration Lawyer?
Many of our business clients are happy to relieve themselves of the headaches of preparing paperwork and having to deal with government red tape by outsourcing this work to our professional team of Canadian immigration lawyers and immigration attorneys.
When it comes to your important business meetings, we know you can not afford to have any loose strings during your business travels to Canada. It is gratifying to see our business clients enter Canada for their business meetings with no hiccups. We have helped thousands and thousands of business people successfully enter Canada temporarily, and we can help you too!
The first step towards getting a temporary business visa is getting an assessment of your case.
Click here to fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form below and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.
The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we can help.
Contact VisaPlace Today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of Canada’s best immigration lawyers, licensed paralegals, and consultants who work for Niren and Associates an award winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
As seen on
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.
Here, I would like to say thank you so very much for your kind support on extension my visit visa. I am touched and beyond words, I am grateful and thankful for your always help and cooperation. Have a wonderful day.
Great law firm with great staff. My lawyer Rania did a great job for my Canadian work permit and my daughters study permit. You are great in your work. And my Para Legal officer Alicea, you are just amazing. They did not rest until my job was promptly and properly done. Always there to answer my calls, reply my emails promptly. She tried her best and the results were amazing. I recommend visa place if you need the best immigration job. Many thanks to Rania and Alicea.