Who is Spousal Sponsorship (Outside Canada) For?
Spousal sponsorship is aimed at citizens or permanent residents of Canada who wish to bring their spouse/conjugal or common-law partner to live with them in Canada permanently.
Who is Eligible for a Spousal Sponsorship (Outside Canada)?
As a sponsor, you must be able to prove that you
- Are legally a citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Are at least 18 years old;
- Can provide the basic needs for you and your family, including food, clothing, and shelter;
- Can support your spouse/partner financially; and
- Can ensure that your spouse/partner does not need to ask for financial help from the Canadian government.
Your spouse/conjugal or common-law partner must be at least 18 years old and must have medical, criminal and background checks. You will also have to prove that a genuine relationship exists between the two of you, providing solid evidence of your involvement and commitment.
The Spousal Sponsorship Process
First you must apply to become a sponsor. Your partner also needs to submit an application for permanent residence. The process involves several steps that can be confusing for someone who isn’t familiar with how Immigration Canada works, and ensuring that all the supporting documents are included and completed correctly can be challenging.
We are Spousal Sponsorship Experts
Applying for a spousal sponsorship (outside Canada) is a long, complex, and costly process, and you don’t want to take any chances with the immigration of someone you love.
Let us simplify the application process for you.
We Understand the Spousal Sponsorship (Outside Canada) Application Process
- We have helped thousands successfully enter Canada through spousal sponsorships outside Canada, and we can help you too.
- Our firm boasts 15 years of experience in working with families wishing to live together in Canada. We know what the Canadian immigration department requires, and how to meet all deadlines and expectations.
Start today by getting a free assessment of your case.
Start today by getting an assessment of your case. Fill out our immigration assessment form and we will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss your case.
As seen on
"VisaPlace referred us to a great law firm and great lawyers. All I can say is "thank you" for getting my visa quickly. VisaPlace knew exactly what kind of legal team could help where other's couldn't. The fees were reasonable and everything went smoothly. Thank you for everything! I would highly recommend VisaPlace and the immigration attorneys they work with to anyone wishing to move to Canada or to the US."
Read All Reviews