Who Is a Super Visa For?
The Super Visa is for people who want their parents or grandparents to live with them in Canada.
With the parent and grandparent super visa, eligible parents and grandparents can visit family in Canada for up to two years without the need to renew their status.
The key difference is that the Super Visa allows an individual to stay for up to two years on each entry into Canada, while a 10-year multiple entry visa would only have a status period for each entry of six months only.
Who is Eligible For a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa?
To be eligible for the super visa, applicants must be the parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Dependants of parents and grandparents are not eligible for the super visa. However, they can apply for a regular visitor visa. The super visa applicants must also be found admissible to Canada and meet some other conditions.
Visa officers consider several factors before deciding whether an applicant is admissible. Officers must believe the applicant is a genuine visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of the visit. Among the things the officer might consider are the following:
- the person’s ties to his or her home country;
- the purpose of the visit;
- the person’s family and financial situation;
- the overall economic and political stability of the home country; and
- invitations from Canadian hosts.
Parent Super Visa Requirements in Canada
Parents and Grandparents citizens can live in canada for two years without need to renew their status.
- Complete and submit form [IMM5257] (to be filled outside of Canada).
- Parents financial and host financial situation will be considered.
- The overall economic and political also offer application.
- Invitation letter from host.
- Parents or Grandparents must provide of financial support from their child (host) and meet minimum & income household. (around $17,000)
- Prove Canadian medical coverage insurance (for at least 1 year).
- Complete medical examination requirements.
Letter of Invitation format should include:
- Complete Name and Middle Name of Parents.
- Date of Birth/Country of Birth.
- Parent Address and Phone Number
- Place where your (Host) relationship (Child Relationship).
- The purpose of trip.
- How long the parent intend to stay.
- Detail of accommodation and
- Date Parent intend to leave
Why Seek Professional Immigration Help?
The Super Visa application process can be very complex, time consuming and difficult. It is therefore essential that if you are considering applying for Canadian Visas, you get professional immigration help. The last thing you want is to be told your application is refused after months (or sometimes years) of waiting.
How We Can Help You Get Your Parents or Grandparents to Canada
We have over 15 years of experience and have helped thousands and thousands of people immigrate to the Canada, and we are certain we can help you too!
Getting started is easy. All you need to do is fill out our eligibility online assessment form here and then one of our immigration professionals will get back to you with your results within one business day. Additionally, you can contact us here.
We look forward to helping you accomplish your immigration goals!
As seen on
Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.
The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.
I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it