Who is the Adult Citizenship Application For?
This application is for permanent residents 18 years of age or older who wish to become Canadian citizens.
What Does the Adult Citizenship Application Provide?
The Adult Citizenship Application provides a means to requesting Canadian citizenship by providing Citizenship and Immigration Canada with the information CIC needs to determine eligibility.
Who is Eligible for an Adult Citizenship Application?
- Have been in Canada for the requisite length of time (a minimum of 1460 days in the six years since you became a permanent resident immediately prior to applying for citizenship and 183 days of any four years fully or partly within those six years)
- Have met any requirements to file income taxes for any four tax years partially or fully within the six years prior to your application
- Plan to reside in Canada, or meet certain requirements regarding working with or accompanying family members in the Canadian Armed Forces, the federal public administration or the public service of a province outside Canada; and…
- Are able to speak and understand either English or French and demonstrate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship (if you are 65 or over, this requirement does not apply)Furthermore, the following issues could affect your eligibility:
- You have outstanding terms and conditions on your permanent resident status
- You have a criminal record or face charges inside or outside Canada for a criminal offence
- You have received an order to leave Canada
- You have been refused Canadian citizenship because of misrepresentation; or…
- Your Canadian citizenship has been revoked.
The Adult Citizenship Application Process
When applying for adult citizenship, applicants will go through several steps in the application process. Downloading and filling out forms according to the instructions is the first step. Then, the applicant must collect all necessary supporting documents and ensure that they are included in the format required by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
Next, the applicant must pay the fees (the required method for payment will be changing soon in April 2016). Finally, the applicant must mail the completed application to the case processing centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. The application will then be reviewed.
We are Adult Citizenship Application Experts
We know the immigration system, so we are aware of the changes that have been made recently to the Adult Citizenship Application and the changes that will soon be made to the payment process. We are familiar with the requirements and skilled at improving an applicant’s chances of approval.
Work with a Firm That Understands the Adult Citizenship Application Process
We have helped thousands of permanent residents successfully become Canadian citizens and we can help you too.
Our firm boasts 15 years of experience in working with adult permanent residents. We know what the Canadian immigration department requires, and how to meet all deadlines and expectations.
Click here to book a 1 on 1 consultation, or call us at 1-866-929-0991.
As seen on
"VisaPlace referred us to a great law firm and great lawyers. All I can say is "thank you" for getting my visa quickly. VisaPlace knew exactly what kind of legal team could help where other's couldn't. The fees were reasonable and everything went smoothly. Thank you for everything! I would highly recommend VisaPlace and the immigration attorneys they work with to anyone wishing to move to Canada or to the US."
Read All Reviews