Do I Really Need an Immigration Lawyer?

If you are just beginning to scratch the surface of the difficult and complicated immigration process in the United States or in Canada, you may have been considering whether or not to hire an immigration lawyer or an immigration consultant. Hire an immigration lawer

What is the difference between an Immigration Consultant and an Immigration Lawyer?

An immigration consultant is regulated by a newly-created governing body in Canada which is meant to ensure that immigration consultants are acting ethically. In the United States, there are few regulations for immigration consultants. Immigration consultants offer services such as filling in your immigration paperwork and submitting your immigration paperwork for you.

An immigration lawyer is a licensed lawyer who is regulated by several different governing bodies including their bar association. They are able to assist you through the entire immigration process including representing you in court if need be.

Do I really need an lawyer?

If this is your first time ever dealing with the immigration process, consider that an immigration lawyer has been dealing with the immigration process for years – even decades in some cases. They navigate the immigration system every day and will have helped process immigration applications and dealt with immigration cases just like yours many times before.

Immigration is a big step, and an immigration lawyer can be the expert guidance you need for your application to succeed. Every day, immigration applications are denied because of errors and omissions that could have been avoided. Don’t let this happen to you! Place your immigration future in the hands of an expert for the best results. Contact us at the phone number above for an assessment of your case – you are closer than you think!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.