How to immigrate to Canada from the United States

Canadian permanent residency is a dream of many people around the world. Hundreds of thousands of people apply to immigrate to Canada as permanent residents every year, but many of these applications are denied. It’s important to ensure that you choose the correct option for yourself and your situation, and that you are eligible for the path to permanent residence that you choose. Canadian immigration

How to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident

Ways of immigrating to Canada:

Family and spousal sponsorship: If you have close relatives (such as parents or siblings) or a spouse who is a Canadian permanent resident or Canadian citizen, they can apply to sponsor you for permanent residency.

Live-in caregivers: Caregivers or live-in nannies can eventually become permanent residents of Canada.

Skilled workers and skilled trades: Individuals with certain skills, work experience and language proficiency can apply for permanent residency under the Federal Skilled Worker Program.

Canadian Experience Class: The Canadian Experience Class is a program that allows people who have gained Canadian labour market experience through a work permit or study permit to apply for permanent residence.

Entrepreneurs and investors: There are many different programs available for people who can invest in Canada or start a business in Canada, such as the new Start-Up Visa program.

Provincial nominees: There is also the Provincial Nominee Program, where different provinces can nominate you for permanent residency.

Do you want to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident? We have helped many different people from all over the world immigrate to Canada. However, the process is not an easy one and you will have to be sure to choose the right immigration stream that is appropriate for you and your situation.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Here’s my good advice; Lawyer up. ...and if your looking for a group of lawyers to help with your international affairs regarding visas and work permits; these professionals are top notch. I’ve had a great experience, they got the job done, and my job was very complicated. Rania Abboud, high five to you especially, you set up a great plan for success, replied to my questions very quickly, kept me informed and your very knowledgeable in your field. To everyone else at VisaPlace; Thank you as well. As a business owner myself I immediately recognized the way your team works so effectively! I wish you all the best of success. J.

Jason Mayerin the last week

The team at the Visa place as very thorough in the preparation of my application which I am sure made a difference. They guided the process well to a successful outcome. Would recommend them for sure.

Brad Davies2 weeks ago

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walker3 weeks ago