Canada Day 2012 Activities in and around Toronto and Ontario
In celebration of Canada’s 145th birthday, countless citizens across Canada, permanent residents and immigrants who have just been conferred citizenship have reasons to wave red and white flags while saying “Happy Canada Day!”
The day is jammed with activities and fun. There are separate events for kids, random music bash, food festivals, and many local vendors everywhere. All are making contributions and engaging in their own way of merrymaking.
Schedule of Activities in Pinafore Park
Here are the lists of entertaining activities at Pinafore Park in Ontario:
- 8 am – 10 am :Lions Club Pancake Breakfast at main West Dance pavilion
- 11 am – 10 pm : Kinsmen Club Beer Garden at main West Dance pavilion
- 2 pm – 8:30 pm : Free games and inflatables for kids
- 2 pm onward : Classic or Collectible Car Display
- 2 pm – St. : With arts and crafts and free face painting, Thomas Art Centre will host a kids junction located in the Street Railway shelter, beside the splashpad.
Foods are served all day at Lions Club, Kinsmen Club, Rotary Club, and Optimist Club. There will be parades of arts, crafts, jewelries, accessories, baked goods, weight loss products, and other unique goods or commodities of extraordinary vendors.
Local Talents Showcase
Music lovers may attend the 12-hour music performances at the Morris F. Jones Memorial Bandshell from 10 am to 10 pm. Activities are listed as follows:
- 10:00 am to 1:00 pm: Opening (Studio Arts Little Rockers)
- 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm: John & Carol (Folk Songs)
- 2:00 pm to 2:20 pm: Vinyl Tap (Teens 15 – 16 yrs – today’s music)
- 2:20 pm to 2:40 pm: DJ Squared (Variety songs for Guys 13 – 15 yrs:)
- 2:40 to 3 p.m: Young Gunz (Classic Rock for Guys 15 – 16 yrs old)
- 3 :00p.m. to 3:30 p.m: Life Is Sweet (Pop songs for Girls 7 – 12 yrs)
- 3:30 to 4 p.m. Dragon’s Breath (for boys 5 – 8 yrs)
- 4 :00p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Dennis Wiley (Country Songs)
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Shuug & the Temporary Men (Folk Country Rock)
- 6:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Vinyl Tap (Teens: today’s rock)
- 6:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Marissa Amaral and Amy Rola (Pop – Rock – Originals)
- 7:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Ceremony (O Canada) – Dignitary speeches by Mayor Jackson, Joe Preston, Jeff Yurek
- 7:15 p.m. to 7:50 p.m: Rush of Adrenaline (Pop and Classic for Teens)
- 7:50 to 8:30 p.m.: Stink Beatles (Beatles Tribute for kids 9 – 13 yrs)
- 8:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Denis Gauthier
- 10 pm – Spectacular Fireworks Display by St. Thomas Kinsmen Club, which will collect goodwill donations.
New Citizens have reasons to be happy
As Canada marked its 145th birthday celebration, a group of immigrants from 38 countries had their own form of joyous celebration- they became Canadian citizens.
The oath-taking ceremony held at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport marked the end of a long stressful process that was years in the making. Take for example Shahied Gairy who came to Canada seven years ago and has had to overcome numerous challenges before being entitled to Canadian citizenship. Gairy, who immigrated to Canada from Grenada commented that many are not as fortunate who are able to come to another country and fall into the same field that they were in prior to immigrating underscoring the many hurdles that new immigrants face today.
Symbolic venue for oath-taking ceremony
For the younger generation, becoming a Canadian citizen highlights the new found liberties that Canada offers its citizens. Choosing the Toronto’s Pearson International Airport as a venue to hold the ceremony also had a strong symbolic meeting as many of these new Canadian citizens originally came through this gates when they first arrived in Canada.
With their faces filled with smiles, the new citizens were handed certificates declaring them Canadian citizens as they shook hands with various government officials including a citizenship judge, the president of the Greater Toronto Airport Authority, a Mountie and members of parliament.
The next step for many of these new citizens is to hand in their permanent resident cards in exchange for Canadian passports.
Niren and Associates, one of the most trusted immigration firms in Toronto and across the United States, likes to congratulate the new citizens of Canada for making it through the ceremony. The firm, which has been in the immigration services for decades, proudly joins Canadian people in celebrating Canada’s 145th birthday.
Foreign nationals who wish to move to or visit Canada and be part of the celebration of Canada’s 146th birthday next year may contact the skilled Toronto immigration lawyers at Niren and Associates at 1-877-399-5911, or inquire at email@example.com.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Thanks to Alicea and Rania for their excellent service. This is the 2 nd time we are using them and they have always delivered successful results, even where other law firms has been unsuccessful. Alicea has been especially helpful and available to address all our concerns. She has an excellent work ethic. We will be using them again and always recommend them to our friends.
Migrating is a hard task for anyone. Finding a job is even harder. Once I got a job offer, things started moving rapidly. So, I called used VisaPlace (Niren and associates) to assist with the process. Rania and Richard deserve the utmost respect in getting the job done. They have been patient with me and some set backs. Very professional.! Hands down, money was well spent. Thanks Rania and Richard, you make an awesome team. You'll definitely have a repeat customer with me !! I was very impressed at how well they were organized and had a positive experience. Very good and professional work led to a successful outcome. I highly recommend using VisaPlace.
I'll like to say I had an awesome initial consultation with Rania Abboud. She was knowledgeable, made the initial process easy and understood my situation. I am excited and hopeful to continue consulting this company. You do a great job for immigrants. Also, Natalie Walcz was great, she handled my situation professionally. Great team. Definitely assets to your company.