New Changes to the Live In Caregiver Program
Recent Changes announced to the Live in Caregiver program have now been implemented. As of November 30, 2014 families seeking to hire caregivers for childcare, elder care or care for the disabled will have to go through a complicated process to hire a caregiver.
As of November 30, 2014 the following changes have been implemented:
- Live in Caregiver program is now called “In-Home Caregivers,”
- Employers have the option to hire caregivers, nurses, or aids depending on requirements of the job,
- Caregivers will have the choice of whether they wish to live-in or live-out,
- Families who will employ live-in’s cannot deduct or charge the worker for room and board,
- Employers must pay the median prevailing wage for the occupation in the city and province where the work will be performed,
- Employers hiring from abroad must advertise their position for a minimum of four (4) weeks and provide evidence of the results of their recruitment efforts,
- Two streams have been created for caregivers applying for permanent residence, with a total of 5,500 applications accepted per year.
Employers must submit an application for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and pay a $1000 filing fee. There are no refunds for a refusal. Refusals cannot be appealed or reconsidered and therefore it is imperative that the employer is aware of the requirements before submitting an application.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Completely smooth process. Rania did a great job in my Canada work permit. The team is absolutely competent and knowledgeable. Alicea was so amazing and was able to answer any of my questions immediately. I had peace of mind throughout the application. I would recommend them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications.
I highly recommend VisaPlace to anyone seeking help with navigating the legal minefield that is Permanent Residency. As someone who is very easily stressed, Lauren & Mariana have saved me a lot of sleepless nights. They are fast, efficient, reliable and honest and I will be telling any of my friends to use them for immigration. Thanks to them, my future with my husband in Canada is bright
Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.