How to Migrate from India to Canada
The India to Canada migration has a fascinating history spanning over many years. Starting with just a few migrants landing ashore in Vancouver and British Columbia, Indo-Canadians now make up one of Canada’s largest and most well-advanced immigrant communities.
Why do many Indians Migrate to Canada?
Indians migrate to Canada for many different reasons, it can not be summarized in one sentence or a word. Canada has become of of the most favorite immigration destinations in the world for Indians. For many years Canada has been considered the land with open arms for Indian migrants who are looking for better opportunities for employment, a better life, and individual growth. The country has lenient immigration policies and many immigration settling services to help Indians obtaining permanent residency to raising a family in a foreign country. Although Canada is a melting pot for Indian migrants, migration to Canada from India has a significant impact for a few reasons.
Why is Canada the best place for Indian Migrants?
India to Canada immigration dates back to when the first Punjabi Sikh family migrated to Canada. They were able to settle and submerge themselves within the Canadian environment and communities. Since then many families and individuals have migrated to Canada for different reasons such as studying, business, tourism, or employment. Migrating to Canada is a great opportunity for people from India to find a better opportunity for employment opportunities and jobs, better life, individual growth, and government benefits. They’re not the only ones benefiting from the migration though, so is the Canadian government. The Indo-Canadians are helping combat the lack of skill for jobs in Canada as well as contributing to government taxes, buying houses, using public transport, purchasing goods, and over-all stimulating the Canadian government. In the past, new immigrants from India tended to settle in the cities of Toronto and Vancouver, but today many provinces are actively encouraging new immigrants to settle in other communities. Vancouver and Toronto remain very prominent as the top choices for those who wish to emigrate from India to Canada, in part due to the business opportunities for skilled professionals from India. There is a very large and dynamic group of Indian immigrants living in the Toronto area, which even has a neighborhood referred to as “little India”.
How can I apply to migrate from India to Canada?
If you are currently living in India and want to migrate to Canada there are many various options of immigration programs available for you. The process of applying to immigrate to Canada can be very long and challenging. Hiring a qualified Canadian immigration law firm in Toronto who can connect an Indian immigrant with someone who speaks one of the languages of India can help an Indian applicant better understand the requirements and provide the proper documentation. If you are applying for the first time, you will need someone who can help you prepare the application properly. Or, if your application to migrate to Canada is denied, you will need to have someone who is very knowledgeable about immigration law and about the specific details of your application in order to file an appeal on your behalf.
Jobs in Canada for Indians
Many people looking to immigrate to Canada are worried about securing a job but there are several ways that Indians can get a job in Canada.
- Your company in India transfers you on a project in Canada
- Apply for permanent residency and network while you’re in Canada
- Apply for jobs online at Monster, Workopolis, Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.
In Canada there is a higher importance on experience and accomplishments rather than education so don’t let your educational background worry you about getting a job.
Here are several occupations that have many jobs in Canada for Indians:
Reasons for immigration to Canada from India:
- With more than 250,000 new permanent residents to Canada each year, the country has invested millions of dollars to help these new residents. Canada has invested programs to help the newcomers settle into Canada and adapt to their new surroundings. These programs will help connect newcomers to a community of people to help build lasting relationships. They will discover information, local programs and services for your unique needs to get settled. They will also help newcomers integrate easily with the unique culturally diverse communities across Canada.
- The OECD Better Life Index rated Canada on a 1-10 scale a 9 for safety of it’s population. This promotes a great place to raise a family with safe and secure communities. This meant that 82% of the population of Canada feel safe walking alone at night. This rating is also affected by the homicide rate which was extremely low at a 1.5 for Canada. The average homicide rating averaged 4.1 in other countries.
- Canada invests highly in their education system. Always considered for a place in the top five of the world, Canada has the seventh best education system. They have one of the worlds highest college graduation rates. Canada holds the third best country in reading, the fourth in mathematics, and fifth in science. The country typically has better trained, well paid teachers who also receive good job security and unionization.
- Canada already has a strong economy with plenty of opportunities for skilled workers but they are also expected to be among the strongest growing economy in the G-7 over this year and next. Just barely behind the U.S., Canada is expected to be the second strongest mainly because of the improved outlook of the oil market and the commodity market for producers.
- For the seventh consecutive year, Canada was rated the most stable banking system in the world. Canada has a reputation of solid funding and conservative consumer lending. The fact that Canadian banks are more reluctant to lend to home buyers with low to no credit, results in less mortgage defaults. This also comes into play with personal and student loans. The more strict they are on giving loans out the less debt their citizens have in the long run which will help the economy in the upcoming years.
- Lastly, overall Canada has an amazing standard of living. The heath care is great, education is very strong, women are economically stable and participating in government, and they also have guaranteed paid maternity leave. Life expectancy for Canadians sits at 80.9 years with fewer instances of breast cancer, osteoporosis and diabetes. Canada also has far less national debt than other countries. They have a higher median household incomes than countries like Australia and Britain. Canadians are also more likely to own their own homes than Americans, Swedes, Japanese or French. Canada has also been found to have the 3rd best air quality in the world. In other words, overall, Canada has been soaring above other countries with the quality of life.
Are you interested in migrating from India to Canada?
If so, Contact VisaPlace today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals and consultants who work for Niren and Associates an award winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.
Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at 1-888-317-5770.
Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs?
Click here to fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form below and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.
The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
I could not have asked for more! The VisaPlace team are extremely professional, they know their stuff. They gave me great information, prepared my work visa application and then prepared me for the submission process. I was successful. Got my visa. 5 stars! I would give them 6 if I could.
This is not an exaggeration!!! I was truly impressed with the way VisaPlace consultants handled my case. The consultants- Emily, Lauren, Takunda and Lisa, took their time to explain to me in great deal how they were going to approach my case and how they would handle setbacks, if any. Their professionalism and knowledge of the law were superb. The minor setback that came up was quickly addressed by the team. The team constantly kept me updated on the progress/status of my application; they quickly responded to my questions/concerns. They had predicated my permanent residency to be processed within 6 -12, and Indeed it was processed and completed within 6 months. Based on my personal experience, Emily and Lauren's team are the best! They deserve 5 stars!!!!!!!!!!!
VisaPlace helped me sponsor my husband to become a Permanent Resident of Canada. They were extremely professional. Every step along the way was explained fully and expertly taken care of. The staff responded immediately to any questions and always handled our concerns fully, taking as much time as we needed to understand where we were at in the immigration process and what to expect next. I would recommend VisaPlace with no hesitation at all. I'm sure if we had tried to navigate the immigration process ourselves, it would have been much harder.