Cracking down on Citizenship fraud
Canada’s Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander supported the government’s commitment to tackling citizenship fraud through measures proposed in Bill C-24, the Strengthening Canadian Citizenship Act.
Under the new law, the government will have the ability to develop laws to designate a regulatory body whose members would be authorized to act as consultants on citizenship matters. This change will help protect applicants and help stay away from third-party fraud.
Bill C-24 reinforces the value of citizenship by cracking down on fraud and ensuring Canadian citizenship is only offered to those follow all the rules. Proposed measures include:
• stronger penalties for fraud and misrepresentation (a maximum fine of $100,000 and/or five years in prison)
• expanding the grounds to stop an application for citizenship that includes foreign criminality which will help improve program integrity; and
• making it an crime for people who are not authorized to knowingly represent or advise on an application for a fee.
• Ongoing large-scale fraud investigations conducted by the RCMP have shown that more than 3,000 citizens and 5,000 permanent residents are linked to major investigations—a very large part of them related to residence.
• Nearly 2000 people who were linked to immigration fraud have withdrawn their applications.
The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.
Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.
Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!
Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.