Revised Canadian Experience Class To Launch On January 2, 2013

Citizenship and Immigration Canada has announced that the Canadian Experience Class, or CEC, will be relaunched on January 2nd, 2013. The Canadian Experience Class is an extremely popular Canadian immigration stream that allows people who have study and work experience in Canada, as well as language proficiency in one of the official languages, the opportunity to become permanent residents because of their experiences in Canada. Canada Immigration

New changes to the Canadian Experience Class in 2013

When the Canadian Experience Class re-opens in the new year, it will have spaces for about 10,000 applicants who will become permanent residents of Canada. But more Canadian Experience Class applications being accepted isn’t the only change to the program, which has been in place since 2008.

Previously, people who were temporary foreign workers in Canada on work permits would have required two years, or 24 months, of work experience in Canada to qualify under the program. Now, this requirement has been reduced to only 12 months or one year. The specific requirements as to what type of work experience is needed are still in place.

In addition, the post-graduate Canadian Experience Class stream has been changed. Previously, graduates had only 24 months in which to obtain the needed year of work experience after graduation to qualify for the program, but now they will have 36 months.

Do you want to immigrate to Canada and become a permanent resident under the Canadian Experience Class? As this program is just about to re-open, it is going to be highly competitive even with the additional number of spots available. Please contact us at the above phone number or by using the phone number on the right. We can help you apply for the Canadian Experience Class.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

I hired them for my study permit application! I had been denied twice and thanks to them the 3rd try was a success. Lisa Inspektor was my main contact. She is Very nice and polite. I strongly recommend you to go with them! The money you’re gonna spend is gonna be worth it

landry walkerin the last week

I had an excellent experience working with Visa Place, communicating with them was very easy. I initially tried to navigate my immigration issue personally, but it was much more efficient allowing everything to be handled by the experts. Thank you so much Sarah, Lauren, Natasha, and Sukhi for all of your help!

Tanyain the last week

Thanks to Alicea and Rania for their excellent service. This is the 2 nd time we are using them and they have always delivered successful results, even where other law firms has been unsuccessful. Alicea has been especially helpful and available to address all our concerns. She has an excellent work ethic. We will be using them again and always recommend them to our friends.

K Wa week ago