Border & Immigration Services Lawyer


The U.S.-Canada border is the largest international border in the world, touching eight Canadian provinces or territories and 13 different U.S. States. There are over 100 border crossing spots and approximately 300,000 people cross this border every single day.

Border & Immigration Services

In 2009, almost 40 million crossings were made by Canadians into the United States, which is more than the entire population of Canada.

Since September 11th, 2001 and even before then, security has been heightened between these two countries to ensure that anyone who poses a threat or security risk is not allowed into the United States from Canada or to Canada from the United States.

While this is all well and good, sometimes people who pose no risk or threat at all are caught up in the extra security measures and end up being denied entry to Canada or denied entry to the United States.

Border & Immigration Service Lawyer for US/Canada Border

Small criminal offenses on your criminal record, health problems, expired visas and insufficient immigration documentation are just a handful of the many problems individuals can experience when they cross the US-Canada border. Many of these problems can cause you to be denied entry to the country you are trying to enter, or result in a time-consuming and expensive delay.

While there are many reasons anyone can be denied entry to Canada or denied entry to the United States when they try to cross the US-Canada border, there is a chance you can overcome or eliminate your inadmissibility. However, this is not easy to do on your own.

Are You Looking For a Border Immigration Lawyer?

If you have problems crossing the US-Canada border, worry you will have problems in the future or have already had an issue when trying to cross the border, consider contacting for assistance. All of our cases are handled by independent, licensed and award winning Canadian and U.S. lawyers who adhere to the highest standards of client service. If you are in need of a border and immigration service lawyer, contact us to book a consultation.

It's only fair to share...Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

4 thoughts on “Border & Immigration Services Lawyer

  1. Sue Kish

    I was denied entry into the US 8 years ago in November as they were convinced that I was going south to train dogs as I train dogs in Canada during the summer months. I was going south to visit my boyfriend who was a Cdn training dogs in the US without a green card. They asked me many questions about my boyfriend but they had let him cross about an hour before I got to the border. I was turned around and my boyfriend was worried as I had given them his address so he came back home. I have crossed several times without much incident since then. I have been asked once about my boyfriend and where he is. He is now afraid to cross the border. We would like to go on holidays in the US. Is there any way to see if he will have an issue crossing the border.

    1. Immigration Lawyers

      Hi Sue,
      Thank you for your inquiry, I’m glad you have contacted us! I’m sorry to hear about the hardships you have faced. I can understand how this can be quite frustrating when you are nervous about crossing borders. Whenever you are traveling between countries you should always have a valid visa. Hiring one of our immigration lawyers helps you during your visa process by providing step by step legal advice and conversation about your case. It will also increase your chances of being accepted for the appropriate visa you are inquiring about.

      Please, complete this form for me it is just a quick and easy way for me to learn more details about you and your situation so that I will be able to advise you accurately and determine the best avenue for us to take to give you the best legal advice.

      The above response is for informational purposes only and does not form a lawyer-client relationship nor should it be construed to be legal advice.

  2. Rani

    My husband is a permanent resident of Canada since 1985 and is currently serving time in U.S. ,he will be released in November 2013. While living here, he has no criminal record, became friends with the wrong crowd and was associated with the crime, he surrendered himself and the case was tried in U.S. he has been in custody since November 2011. I wanted to know that on his release will he be sent back to Canada.

    1. Michael Niren Post author

      Hello Rani
      Thank you for your post. If your husband is a Canadian PR and has a conviction he could be subject to removal proceedings. He may be admitted to CAnada but that does not mean that the Canada Immigration may not proceed against him, even if his conviction was outside of Canada. Of course it depends on the nature of the offence. Now if he was not convicted, and is released then he should generally be ok to return and remain in Canada.
      I hope that helps


Leave a Comment:

Your email address will not be published.


The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.