4 Year Temporary Foreign Workers Cap Reached on April 1

(Below is a transcription of this video)

Hi, this is Michael Niren, an immigration lawyer and founder of VisaPlace.com. It’s important to note that April 1st 2015, the four-year temporary foreign worker cap will be reached.

Understanding the 4 Year Temporary Foreign Workers Cap

So, those who received work permits before or on April 1st, 2011 will be subject to the four-year subject to the cap. Now, there are some exceptions. For example, managers and professionals, and certain occupations or individuals applying for work permits under NAFTA may not be subject to the cap.

But generally speaking, temporary foreign workers are subject to a full-year cap. So what has to be done for these applicants is they have to plan ahead.

Alternatives to Avoid the 4 Year Temporary Foreign Workers Cap

Consider applying for permanent residence, as soon as possible, in order to maintain your status in Canada. It’s very important that the four-year cap be realized by applicants. Sometimes, you can forget that you can extend your work permit, if it’s subject to a cap.

Are You Interested in Becoming a Permanent Resident of Canada?

If you need more information about this please contact us or go to our website at www.VisaPlace.com. Thanks and have a great day.

Contact our experienced team today, and let us help you with your Canadian permanent residence application.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

  • Hi sir
    Sir how i can get business visa of ur great country Canada ? Please help me

    • Sarah Jane MacDonald

      Hello Rao,
      Great question! Your first step is to determine your eligibility to enter Canada. Please take a moment to fill out our Free, Online Eligibility Assessment Form. From there we can take a closer look at your case and give you a more detailed answer to your question.

      Best Regards,
      Sarah Jane

  • Rao A

    Hi sir how i can get or apply for visa of business & work in ur great country please help ?


The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Completely smooth process. Rania did a great job in my Canada work permit. The team is absolutely competent and knowledgeable. Alicea was so amazing and was able to answer any of my questions immediately. I had peace of mind throughout the application. I would recommend them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications.

Theressa Jaranillaa week ago

I highly recommend VisaPlace to anyone seeking help with navigating the legal minefield that is Permanent Residency. As someone who is very easily stressed, Lauren & Mariana have saved me a lot of sleepless nights. They are fast, efficient, reliable and honest and I will be telling any of my friends to use them for immigration. Thanks to them, my future with my husband in Canada is bright

Hannah James3 weeks ago

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugha month ago