Do I need a visa for a business trip in the United States

Did you know that if you have a business trip in the United States, you may be required to obtain a special visa? The business trip visa for the United States is the B-1 business visitor visa, which will allow you into the United States for a specified period of time to engage in permissible business activities. B1 Work Visa for the US

However, these visas are not easy to obtain because it can be difficult to prove to immigration officials that you only require a business visitor visa, and that you will not be working in the United States.

It may also be difficult for you yourself to determine which kind of visa you actually need.

What activities can I engage in on a B-1 business visitor visa?

As a business visitor, you may not work on behalf of a United States employer. You may engage in business activities on behalf of a foreign employer, and some examples of these activities include consulting with associates, attending business meetings, attending business conferences, attending conventions and purchasing property in the United States.

You can demonstrate your intentions to only engage in authorized business activities buy providing immigration authorities with a letter from your employer and the organization that invited you to the United States.

Another thing you will have to demonstrate when you apply for a B-1 business visitor visa is that you only intend to remain in the United States for the duration of your visa. This means that you must prove you have strong ties to Canada through your assets, home, family or employment.

If you need to apply for a business visitor visa, please don’t go it alone! If you are denied you could be missing out on a very vital business opportunity. Instead, speak with a licensed immigration lawyer for help in obtaining your business visitor visa.

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.

Customer Reviews

Visa place is the best!!! I use Yasmeen to do paperwork work for my mom to come to Canada and she was amazing. Very helpful and always reply to your email promptly. My experience was awesome everything was a success and I will recommend VISA PLACE to anyone who want quick and successful results. Thank to all the team at Visa Place but a special thank you to Yasmeen again.

Donnica Waugh3 weeks ago

Working with the team as VisaPlace and their trusted partners was an incredibly wonderful experience! The team is extremely knowledgeable, responsive and has the partnerships to get the job done in an efficient and timely manner. Will definitely call them again should I have more visa requirements, issues or questions!!

P Eyre3 weeks ago

Spectacular experience. Completely smooth process, they were able to answer any of my questions any time and I had peace of mind throughout the application time, which was invaluable. I have recommended them to other friends looking for assistance with their applications, and will continue to do so. Worth every penny.

Faith Cheonga month ago