Do I need a visa for a business meeting in the United States

Are you a foreign national who wishes to travel to the United States in order to attend a business meeting? You are not alone! The United States is a very important global hub of international business, with many visitors every year attending meetings, conferences and conventions. However, not everyone can just head to the United States and attend their business meeting. In many cases, business people will require a special kind of visitor visa.

The visitor visa for business events is called the B1 visa, or business visitor visa. This is a special kind of temporary visa available for individuals who need to enter the United States for various purposes, such as attending a business meeting.

Obtaining a business visitor visa for the United States

Business meetings, conferences and conventions are among the many activities that can be conducted on a B-1 business visitor visa for the United States. It is very important, however, that you make sure that the business visitor visa applies to your activity, and that you do not require a work permit.

In order to obtain a business visitor visa, you will need to ensure that you have a letter from the organization that invited you to the United States as well as a letter from your employer in addition to your travel itinerary so that immigration officials know you’re not going to be working or doing anything that would require a work permit.

You will also have to prove that you have every intention of returning to Canada because of your strong ties to your home country, including your job, your home and your family.

For more information about obtaining a B-1 business visitor visa, please contact our immigration law firm. We can help you!

Michael Niren

About Michael Niren

Michael is a graduate of Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto. He is a member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, the Canadian Bar Association’s Citizenship and Immigration Section and the Associate Member of the American Bar Association. Read more

The content and comments of this blog are not legal advise and and may not be accurate or complete. If you require legal advice, contact a licensed legal practitioner directly. If you post on this blog, you assume full responsibility for disclosing your identity to the public and VisaPlace nor its affiliates are not responsible for protecting your privacy nor your identity concerning your participation in our blog and you assume any risks in participating.