1 Answers

staying beyond the allowed time on a B2

Asked by: 4974 views , , ,

Hi Niren and Associates,

I’m currently in the states on a B-2 visa and I am interested in staying in the country 2 weeks beyond my 180 days.  I just wanted to find out what the consequences would be…

1 Answers

  1. alicia on Aug 07, 2011 Reply

    If you overstay for less than 180 days, you will not be subject to a 3 or 10 year bar. However, your visa shall be void beginning after the conclusion of such period of stay and you will be ineligible to be readmitted to the United States as a nonimmigrant.

    Once you are no longer in status you cannot request an extension or change of visa classification.

    At least 45 days before your authorized stay expires, you should make Application to Extend/Change Non-immigrant Status, the Form I-539.

    0 Votes Thumb up 0 Votes Thumb down 0 Votes

Answer Question